Pijush Kanti Chandra
NG 307, Niagara Block. Siddha Town, Rajarhat. Beraberi. Kolkata-700136.
Drawing and Painting
Prof. Pramathes Chandra was appointed as the Associate Professor(In-Charge) of Government College of Art & Craft, Calcutta in 2000.
- B.V.A. in Drawing & Painting (western style) from Government College of Art & Craft, Calcutta in 1994
- M.F.A. in Painting from Kala Bhavana, Visva-Bharati, Santiniketan in 1996
- Participated near about 100 Art Exhibition in India ,Bangladesh, Singapore & Germany such as
- 42nd, 45th & 59th Lalit Kala National Exhibition (2000, 2002 & 2017),
- Biswa Banga Sammelan (2000),
- Annual Exhibition of Birla Academy of Art & Culture, Kolkata (1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010)
- Rabindra Bhavan, Lalit Kala, New Delhi (1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2013)
- Art Mosaic, Singapore (2005)
- Jehangir Art gallery, Mumbai (2005, 2011, 2014)
- Gallery LA MERE, Kolkata (2006, 2013)
- Version presented by the ZEST GROUP at Birla Academy of Art & Culture, Kolkata (2006)
- ‘Figure in Nature’ (2006) and ‘Agony and Astasy’ (2007) group show organized by Birla Academy of Art & Culture, ‘in-art’ Gallery, Germany (2007),
- ‘Legend of India’, I.C.C.R. Kolkata (2008)
- Kolkata Town Hall (2009)
- ‘Distance Window’, Dhaka, Bangladesh (2009)
- Guild Art Gallery, Mumbai (1998)
- Nehru Centre, Mumbai (2006, 2008, 2014, 2018)
- Emami Chisel Art Pvt. Ltd. Kolkata.(2011, 2015)
- I.C.C.R.Kolkata (2012,2014).
- Academy of fine Arts, Kolkata (1998, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2015, 2019, 2020, 2022)
- UGC SPONSORED SEMINARS / WORKSHOPS:
- 2011: Perform as Resource Person UGC Sponsored workshop cum Seminar on Experimental Painting organized by College of Art & Design, Affiliated to the University of Burdwan.
- 2011: Perform as Resource Person UGC Sponsored National Seminar/ workshop on Rethinking the Generosity of Oil Painting, organized by The Indian College of Art & Draftsmanship, Kolkata
- 2012: Perform as joint coordinator UGC Sponsored National Seminar/ workshop on Natural Dye Painting, organized by Govt. College of Art & Craft, Calcutta.
- 2016: Perform as joint coordinator UGC Sponsored National Seminar/ workshop on “Jamini Roy 125, A patua to Protagonist’ organized by Govt. College of Art & Craft, Calcutta.
- Painting Workshop / Camp:
- 2003: Seminer cum workshop on Conservation of Art work on paper and Oil Painting organized by Victoria Memorial, Kolkata
- 2004: Art Camp Organized by Art World, venue in Kolkata.
- 2005: Art Camp ART AID Organized by Club Sante Event in association with Art World, venue in Pondicherry.
- 2006: Painting Camp Organized by Concern India Foundation venue at Dargiling, West Bengal.
- 2006: Painting Camp Organized by RAJYA CHARUKALA PARSHAD, Department of Information & Culture, Govt. of West Bengal.
- 2006: Art workshop camp in memory of Late Chintamoni Kar organized by INFAC in collaboration with EZCC, Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India at EZCC, Kolkata.
- 2007: Painting Camp Organized by Hotel Samilton,Kolkata
- 2008: Art camp ‘Ashok Art Affair 2008’ organized by Ashok & Dreamz Art Gallery. Venue in Ashok Hotel, New Delhi.
- 2009: Street Painting workshop convener. Organized by American Center, at Govt. College of Art & Craft, Calcutta.
- 2010: Art camp organized by Art World, venue in Kodaikanal, Tamilnadu.
- 2011: Painting camp organized by Art World, venue in Kolkata.
- 2012: Art camp organized by Art World, venue in Kolkata.
- 2012: Art camp organized by Deputy High Commission for the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, Kolkata.
- 2013: Art camp organized by Emami Chisel Art Pvt. Ltd. venue in Mandarmoni, West Bengal..
- 2014: Painting camp organized by Art World, venue in Pondicherry.
- 2015: Art camp organized by Sarala’s Art Centre, Chennai, venue in Mahabalipuram,Tamilnadu.
- Associate Professor in Drawing & Painting Western Style Government College of Art & Craft, Calcutta. (Date of joining : 16.02.2000.)
- Date of promotion as Assistant Professor (stage: 2): 16.02.2006.
- Date of promotion as Assistant Professor (stage: 3): 16.02.2011.
- Date of last promotion as Associate Professor (stage: 4) : 24.11.2016.