- The Library remains open from Monday to Friday (11 am to 2pm and 3pm to 4pm) and on Saturday (11am to 1pm).
- Books are issued from Monday to Friday from the hour of opening to half an hour before closing. No books are issued on Saturday.
- Books can be returned to the Librarian from the hour of opening to half an hour before closing.
- Students have to write their name, department, year, time of arrival, and time of departure from the library in the library register.
- Students should write the name and the registration number of the book(s) they have issued to read in the library in the library register.
- Students don?t have to produce their library cards to read books in the library reading room. However, they?ll need it to issue books for home.
- Library cards are non-transferable. In case of loss of a library card, it is the discretion of the Librarian to issue a duplicate card.
- The library offers photocopying service to teachers, students and staff at Rs. 0.50/ A4 sheet.
- Special collection books or rare copies of books are not lent out to students.
- Students are not allowed to carry bags inside the library.
- Undesirable or unauthorized persons are not given access to the library.
- While in the library everyone should follow basic library ethics like maintaining silence.
- Talking, sleeping, smoking and loitering are not allowed in the library.
- Library members should not bring non-members with them to the library or lend books borrowed by them to others.
- No one should enter the stack room or other sections of the library not open to all without special permission from the concerned authorities.
- All members of the library are responsible for the safe custody of library books borrowed by them for studying in the reading room or for home.
- Library books issued for use inside the library should not be taken out of the room.
- Library books should never be unattended on the table in the reading room. The borrower shall be held responsible for the loss, mutilation or damage, if any, while the book stands issued on his/ her account.
- At the time of borrowing a book either for use in the library or home, every borrower is expected to examine it carefully and bring to the notice of the librarian cases of mutilation, defacement or damage, if any immediately. Otherwise if any damage be detected subsequently, the person to whom the book was issued last will be held responsible for such damage.
- Persons held responsible for loss, damage, defacement or mutilation of books shall be liable to compensate the library in such a way as determined by the authority.
- The terms and conditions of the library, determined by the authority for the purpose of enjoying the facilities of its reading room, are open to ?
- Teachers attached to various departments
- Research fellows*
- Regular students of the college, pursuing various courses of study directly conducted by the college.
* Research workers who are not from GCAC have to take special permission from the Principal to use the library.
- Students found defaulters in respect of returning library books of returning library books may be denied facilities of the library.
- Non-return of books by the students within the due date may make them liable to be deprived of library facilities.